Our Aims Are:
– To provide a stimulating environment which promotes a secure, happy, supportive and caring atmosphere.
– To enable pupils to develop lively enquiring minds, the ability to question and discuss rationally, and to apply themselves to tasks.
– To enable children to understand and use language effectively and imaginatively in reading, listening, writing and speaking, in order to communicate in a meaningful way.
– To enable children to develop a good mathematical knowledge and the understanding to be able to apply mathematical skills.
– To enable children to communicate effectively through the use of a wide range of Information Communication Technology equipment.
– To enable children to develop their skills and knowledge of scientific ideas through practical first-hand experience wherever possible.
– To promote positive partnerships with parents.
– To enable children to have opportunities of experiencing and appreciating the creative arts.
– To enable children to participate fully in all forms of physical activity while developing skills, agility and team spirit and thus promoting a healthy lifestyle.
– To enable children to reflect on and consider their surroundings and each other.
– To enable the children to understand the world in which they live from a historical as well as a present-day point of view, whilst fostering a tolerance for others’ beliefs and ways of life.
– To encourage each individual to develop his or her potential for a greater self-esteem.
– To provide an environment where all members of the school community feel valued and are given opportunities for their views to be heard.
– To maintain the school’s good relationship with the local and wider community.
– To enable children to become self-motivated, self-confident and self-disciplined so that they will strive for the highest possible standards in all aspects of school life.